Once a separate village, Grangepans is a district of
Bo'ness lying to the east of the town centre and to the
west of the district of Bridgeness.
Here in Grangepans, the Grange Pottery began production
in 1879. This was a relatively short-lived venture lasting
less than ten years.
1892 saw the opening of the Industrial Co-operative
Pottery. Trading for only two years, it closed in 1894.
Working from the old Industrial Pottery premises, the
West Lothian Pottery was a greater success and
operated from 1896 until its closure in 1929.