Charles Harry McNay, the son of Charles David McNay and Jean Hogg,
was born on 26th May 1922 at Redlands (right), Grahamsdyke Road,

During World War 2, Harry was a Radio Officer in the Merchant Navy.

In December 1949, Harry married Miss Elizabeth Melville Dennis
Cave.  They began their married life in Craiginnour, Grahamsdyke
Road, Bo'ness and lived there until 1958.
Their daughter, Amanda Jane McNay, was born in 1953.
A few years after the closure of Bridgeness Pottery (1958), Harry
and his wife settled in North Berwick where they set up a small
pottery known as Tantallon Ceramics 
Harry died on 29th January 2001.  His wife, known to all as Dennis,
died on 18th September, 2010.

Above, Harry with his parents on Bo'ness Fair Day 1934
and below, with his sister, Jeanmaree

Harry with his mother and his first car

Harry and his daughter Jane in 1975
Return to top of page / Menu