William George McNay standing (right) next to his mother, Jane Cox.
William George McNay, the first son of Charles Wason McNay and Jane Cox,
was born on 19th August 1875 in Rockville Cottage (right), Panbrae Road,
In September 1907, William married Mary Anne Matthews at the Station Hotel
(left), Rothney, Aberdeenshire. William was described as a Manufacturer.
Following their marriage, William and Mary set up home in 9 Riverview Terrace
(right), Grahamsdyke Road, Bo’ness.
It was here that their first child, Susan Jane Cox McNay, was born on 10th
Their second child, William Douglas McNay, was born in 1912.
When William and Mary moved to Falkirk in 1915, they lived at 8 Boyd Street, Grahamston, Falkirk.
Their second son, Ronald James McNay, was born on 2nd November 1915 in Dullatur.
No longer in the pottery trade, William tried various business projects over the following years including hosiery manufacturing and
running a dairy.
When Mary died on 24th August 1951, they were living at 29 Napier Place,
William died on 26th December 1960 in a Perth hospital.